Nov 18 , 2001
~IMPORTANT FOR THIS COMING TUESDAY
This week, Tues, Nov 20, we will be REHEARSING DOWNTOWN at Scottish Rites Masonic Consistory, 1370 Grant Street, Denver.
DIRECTIONS: The Consistory is located on the southeast corner of Grant and 14th, catty-corner from the Colorado State Capitol Building on the northwest corner of Grant & 14th. With the exception of Colfax, most streets are ONE WAY. The area is a neighborly mix of business and residential; parking is allowed on most streets but finding a space may be difficult.
We have permission to use the public lot on the northeast corner of Logan and 14th (one block east of the Consistory) and another on the southwest corner of Pennsylvania and 14th (two blocks east of the Consistory). The lots are free BUT: any cars left in either lot after 6 AM WILL BE TOWED AT OWNER'S EXPENSE Ė NO EXCEPTIONS!!! Also, DO NOT park behind the Consistory or in the Church lot across the street!! Also, DO NOT park in the Salvation Army lot - they will ticket and tow your car!
DID YOU READ THE ABOVE PARAGRAPH VERY VERY CAREFULLY? IF NOT, YOUR CAR COULD BE TOWED!
- From North or South of Denver: Take I-25 to the Colfax East exit. Travel east several blocks to Grant Street (the State Capitol will be on your right). Turn right (south) on Grant (it's one way, you can't go north). You'll see the Consistory or the southeast corner of Grant and 14th (one block). Turn left on 14th to parking lot on northeast corner of Logan and 14th. (If you miss the turn on 14th, go south on Grant to 12th, turn left/east one block to Logan, turn left/north two blocks to 14th.)
- From Aurora and Southeast suburbs: Take Parker Road/Leetsdale to Colorado Blvd. Turn right/north on Colorado, then left (west) on 1st Avenue which will take you past Cherry Creek Shopping Center. Stay on First past University Blvd. where First becomes Speer Blvd. Continue on Speer to Logan (it's just after Pennsylvania) and there's a traffic light at this intersection. Turn right/north on Logan to 14th and park in the public lot on the northeast corner. Walk west on 14th one block to the Consistory.
- From Southwest and West suburbs: Take Santa Fe north to 14th Street. Turn right (east). You'll pass the Consistory at Grant (on the right). Proceed to Logan and park in the public lot on the northeast corner. Walk one block west back to the Consistory.
- Enter the Consistory through the glass doors. Locate elevator (or stairs) and go one floor down to the dining room.
Katie lives in this neighborhood and is scouting a place for us to gather/eat/drink/socialize after rehearsals.
~SCHEDULE CORRECTION: There will be NO rehearsal on Tuesday, November 27. Instead, we will have rehearsal on THURSDAY, Nov 29 AT SOUTH HIGH SCHOOL at 6:30. Please wear or bring the top that you plan to wear in the second half so Sandy can look at the color combination on the stage. We will be wearing jewel tone tops (bright blues, greens, reds, golds - think Christmas-tree-light colors), black skirt or slacks, black hose, black shoes.
Holiday Show plan:
First half (chorus in red dresses with beaded collars, wearing white gloves)
Let It Snow (in your Silent Night riser spot)
MC (moms/daughters move forward)
In A Manger (moms/daughters)
MC (move to regualar riser spots, 12 Day quartets to floor, risers compress toward center)
No MC - move immediately back to riser positions
Jingle Bell Rock
Queen City Jazz Band
chorus enters, moving in around band (weíre wearing jewel tone/black outfits)
Itís Beginning to Look...
"LIFE IS JUST A BOWL OF TICKETS..." "A TICKET HERE, A TICKET THERE..." "I GOT A TICKET, YOU GOT A TICKET, ALL GOD'S CHILDREN GOT TICKETS!" "WHO WILL BUY THIS WONDERFUL TICKET?" Ad nauseum...Not feeling too clever today, but still trying to make my point and be encouraging to us all. Our Christmas Show is going to be so special; let's make sure plenty of people have the opportunity to find that out for themselves!
TICKET TAKERS still NEEDED: I think I have one ticket taker for each show, but need someone to work with them so that there are two at the table for each performance. I've found willing husbands to usher the reserved section. Thanks all!
Will Call Ticket Info: If you know that you will have family, friends, associates who will be picking up tickets the day of the show at "will call," we need to know about it before the day of the performances. Please talk to me (Linn) and I will make sure the tickets you request get put in the names of those folks, placed in an envelope and are at the ticket table the day of the performance. Easier for me to handle this than to take up the time of the section ticket people.
Also, Josie Robinson has volunteered to help with the Baritone section so if Therese isn't available, talk to Josie.
See you Down Town on Tuesday!" Linn Pickard
- YOU CAN STILL REGISTER SOMEONE FOR INTERNATIONAL and have them sit with us. Prices go up Feb 1, so get them registered before then if you can! If they are a Sweet Adeline, please get their member number. Give their names and a check (made out to Skyline) for their registration fees to Lurlene Unruh. $90 SAI members, $115 non-members. Be sure to write on the check what the $ is for, or it will be applied to your dues!
- FRONT ROW AUDITIONS Wed., January 9th 6:30 pm. A detailed packet will be distributed on Thurs., November 29th
- CHOREO Review and Bush-Up, 6 pm, Nov. 20. Thanks, Mel!
- "RECIPES....ONE MORE WEEK!! We will accept your recipes for another week. Go ahead and email them if you want to email@example.com or Julie_Bailey@ceo.cudenver.edu. We want to make this book good to sell - and that means PLENTY of recipes. This can be a GREAT money maker. They practically sell themselves. Please - EVERY MEMBER should give at least ONE RECIPE! Even if you don't cook - find someone who does! THANKS!!" Kelly
- Kelly Cowen FOUND a pair of sunglasses at chorus. Are they yours?
- Marie Reynolds FOUND a well loved cookbook at the Ascot. Want it back?
- Kelly NEEDS HELP in setting up and putting away the SOUND EQUIPMENT for chorus. It is a really EASY job - you just have to be able to lift a little - and come 15 min prior and stay 15 min after chorus to set up and put away. This can be a shared position - 1 to 150 people - all are welcome! We can set up a working shift. Please contact Kelly if you can help. KellyLCowan@home.com or 303-471-1403.
Mavis Burtness, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lee Hauck, 9463 Brook Lane, Littleton, CO 80124, h - 303/768-8424, w - 303/771-3311, cell - 303/870-8993, fax - 303/768-8425, Leehauck@cs.com
regional website: rmr8.org
Heartstrings quartet is looking for a baritone that is interested in competing (not necessarily this coming competition).If you are interested, please contact either Lorna Sturgeon or Joanie Steele.
Wanted: a tenor and a bass. Experienced quartet lead is looking for a bass and a tenor who would like to compete in the 2002 quartet competition. Please contact Pam Anders (Pma745@aol.com or 719-527-1826) or Sallie Adams email@example.com or 719-531-9501.
High Point Furnishings is having a holiday open house! Please come and enjoy some hot cider and holiday cookies! We've got some great deals on the floor as well as catalogues! Saturday, November 24 from 10-4:00. Call Danette Kientz for directions either at home or at work. 303-662-0253. A percentage of sales from this ad goes back to the chorus.
C-dar Chest: Prevent Disaster!!! What if you could preserve those special things such as pictures, videos, and personal music on CD? I can do that for you!! Lynda Cromar, h-303-680-8540, w- 303-740-1909 Ext. 422 c-720-273-0672. BEGIN NOV 6, RUN 3 MONTHS
Whenever a Skyline member buys or sells a home through me, I will contribute 20% of my commission to Skyline. (That is $1200 toward our chorus from an average commission of $6000.) Thank you for considering me for your Real Estate needs. Therese Bickford, Metro Brokers, 303.883.2498.
ADS: To place an ad here and in the Hot Sheet, submit it to either Gail Barr or Jan Ishimoto. If chorus related or public service, itís free. Otherwise, please pay $1 per week or $3 per month. Please limit your ad to 2 or 3 lines!
Nov 20 R&B 6pm - rehearsal downtown, not at Ascot!
Nov 27 No Rehearsal
Nov 29 Rehearsal at South High School at 6:30
Dec 1 Skyline Holiday Show
Dec 4 Skyline Holiday Party
Dec 11 Rehearsal
Dec 18 Rehearsal
Dec 25 Dark Night (no rehearsal)
Jan 1 Dark Night (no rehearsal)
Jan 9 Front Row auditions
--Bring lots and lots of money to buy tickets. Take flyers to give out.
--Bring WHITE GLOVES to rehearsal
--Cook book recipes to Julie Bailey
--Joyce Steger is collecting pink tops of yogurts for breast cancer.
---We need silent auction items and bake sale goodies for the holiday show.
--DEADLINE for E-COMM items: noon Fridays.
--Bring completed chorus interest SURVEYS to Gail Barr
--Bring $$ for grocery certificates (Doris Hastie) and ;or learning tapes/CDs (Lynda Cromar)
See you Tuesday,
Gail Barr, firstname.lastname@example.org